Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Big Reveal

So we had our BIG ultrasound last week and we found out what we were having. . . .

I think this picture says it all:



Yep.

Four boys.

Apparently, that is all we know how to make.

I am excited and scared to death. It is harder than I thought it would be. . . .

I didn't think I would be so unhinged by all the decisions we have to make--should we use Luke's crib or not; should we use his room or not; should we use his clothes or not. Every decision we make reminds us that Luke isn't here.

But there is a flip side to the grief. It is joy. . . . that another wonderful spirit will be joining our family. And although he won't remember it, he is with his amazing brother Luke right now.

It is a wondrous thing that joy and grief can live side by side in my heart.

But, they do.

5 comments:

Corine Moore said...

Congratulations! :D I LOVE boys! :)

Amber said...

That is a great photo. I only wish I was going to be around to see the little guy.

Keriann said...

yea! and congrats on the boy... aren't they wonderful. We are deliciously happy for you:)
We are adding boy #6 to our family May 1st and couldn't believe it...how lucky to be us. Hug and Much love... Keriann

Keriann said...

yea! and congrats on the boy... aren't they wonderful. We are deliciously happy for you:)
We are adding boy #6 to our family May 1st and couldn't believe it...how lucky to be us. Hug and Much love... Keriann

Angela said...

Jan, you are an amazing family and any little one would be lucky to be it it! While it is sad to use baby Luke's stuff, it might be nice. I know I love it when Liam is wearing something that I used to love Mason in. It brings back great memories for me. I do have a huge lump in my throat after reading your post though. My heart aches for you sweetie. I know that you are strong, one of the strongest I know. You have incredible faith and love!
Love to you and your family,
Angela