Monday, June 25, 2012

A Camping We Will Go

Last week we went on our yearly camping trip to Horse Thief Reservoir near Cascade, ID.  It was good to get away and spend some time up in them there hills!!! 

The boys had a great time fishing (even though we ALMOST got skunked--Mike and Brian finally each caught one the LAST day. . . . whew. . . .we cannot get skunked!) and swimming and riding their bikes around.

It was good for me to get out and do something a little different than being inside my house ALL day long.  I am getting used to the newborn thing again and realizing that I had forgotten a lot of what it is like to have a baby. 

Benjamin is doing great. . . . we had his 2 week check-up today and he is now 9 lbs. 4 oz. That is a 2 lb. gain in 2 weeks! WhooHoo!!! Love the chubby babies!!!


Here are some highlights from the trip:
                                                









3 comments:

Amber said...

Camping with a newborn?!? You are indeed crazy. And awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Ummm, Amber she's heard that a lot. Then I had to apologize for using the word "Crazy". I hate it when people call me that. Thus, I went back to the word AWESOME. Only JAN Taylor is AWESOME and brave enough to camp with a newborn.

Gabrielle

Billie Jo said...

Amen-Gabrielle. Awesome Jan!!! Can't wait to see him (in a few weeks)!!!