Sunday, November 18, 2012

Oh My, How You Grow

So Benjamin hit 20lbs. this week.....yea, he's a BIG boy!  I wanted to know when my other boys hit that weight, so I pulled out all the baby books.....he are the results:

Josh:  6 1/2 months
Mike:  6 months
Luke:  13 months
Ben:  5 months 1 week

All this reminiscing got me thinking that if Dr. Seus wrote a book about growing up, it may go a little like this:

Oh My, How You Grow

Look!
You have grown today.
An inch.....a foot.....a yard
You're off and away!

You can sit on your bum,
You can roll over too.
You can eat pureed plums,
and bananas, it's true.

Oh my, how you grow!
You're on your way up!
Before you know it,
You'll drink from a cup.

And then, oh then,
the things you will do.
Like walking and talking,
And, probably, stumbling too.

Who'll be there to catch you?
Why, ME of course!

No matter the size
That your body gets to,
I will always be there.....
The one who will love YOU!


                                               Super cute, right?!?!



4 comments:

Tina said...

You're a poet!!! when you are a published author remember the little people in your life!!!!!!

Mary said...

Well said. What a cutie!

Amber said...

Super cute!!

Gramsie Gail said...

Super Cute is right! : )