Monday, December 1, 2014

Seven Reaches Toward Heaven

In my "So You Want to Raise a Boy" book, the chapter on seven year old's is entitled "Seven Reaches Toward Heaven".  It is supposed to be a pleasant year for a boy and his parents.  He is suddenly reasonable and rational.  He is fun to have around, fun to talk to and fun to work with.  He isn't a baby anymore, he is a boy....he's a fine little fellow in the making.....today Luke would have been seven.

Even though he isn't here with us, I know that he turned into a fine fellow indeed.  I recorded in my journal a month after Luke was born, on the day of his blessing, that I felt so connected to his spirit and knew how great he was going to become.....I did not know however that I would have to wait so long to see that in person.

Happy Birthday my beautiful boy.  We love you and know we will see you again someday......this is one of my favorite videos of Luke.  It was taken about a month before he passed.  Enjoy his wonderfulness with me......

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I don't know you. But reading your comment on my blog brought me here. I have spent a little time looking over your beautiful family. What sweet boys! But oh how this video just made my heart smile. Little boys are just so special. My heart and hands ache for another boy, and seeing yours made me want one again so badly. I'm so sorry for your loss. 5 years. Wow, look how far you have come and what miracles and hard paths you have witnessed and traveled I'm sure. I can't wait for you to hold all those sweet boys in your arms again one day. I truly can't!!! Love to you dear angel mom friend! Andrae Kelly