Monday, November 19, 2007

Scary Moment

Well, with nothing else to blog, I thought I would share our scary moment we had this weekend. Saturday night, Brian and I were getting into bed around 10 P.M. And I thought to myself, "I haven't felt the baby move today." So then we tried to get the baby to move--we jiggled my stomach, poked my stomach, and I drank juice and laid on my side. Well, after an hour, he still wasn't moving. So Brian called Labor and Delivery at the hospital and they said you need to come in. So we called Tina to babysit and to the hospital we went. When we got there they hooked us up to the monitors. The baby looked fine and he eventually started moving, but then they saw another problem. . . . I was contracting every few minutes. I told her I always do that and that they were just Braxton-Hicks contractions. but being 35 weeks she was concerned. So she called the Dr. and he wanted them stopped. So they gave me a Tributalene shot to stop the contractions. They didn't stop but got less intense so after a little while of monitoring me, they let us go home. We were there until 2:30 A.M. Sunday morning. What a crazy and scary night. The next time I go in. I will be popping this baby out. No more of that stuff!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Maybe it's a good sign: he will be a less active child than your other two [adorable] rugrats! That might come as a relief.... Can't wait to see him on the oustide soon!

Chelsea Johnson said...

That is scary! I remember always being paranoid and doing the "kick count" too. I'm glad everything is okay--good luck with the last few weeks!