Wednesday, July 16, 2008

He's 35 and still alive!!!!





Well, Brian made it to 35. This morning we were discussing how old we thought 30 and 35 was when we were younger. And now, it doesn't seem so bad. Brian, I love you with all my heart and here are 35 reasons why I do(in no particular order)(yes, I stole the idea from Tari):
1. He is kind. The first thing I noticed about him was his kindness and my Mom loves him for it, too!!
2. He is a hardworker. I have never met anyone with such a work ethic.
3. He loves his family. Even when it is hard too.
4. He is so helpful....many of you know how he just pitches in to get things done.
5. He loves to hunt, but not more than his wife who was pregnant last year during hunting season, so he stayed home more than he went!!
6. He loves to fish and he is so good at it too.
7. He loves the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots, and I am so glad we got to go to some of the games together!!
8. He is handsome. . . although he doesn't believe this one, I know its true, especially when I get to pick out the clothes he wears.
9. HE IS A FABULOUS COOK!!!! My fav that he cooks is omeletes!!
10. He can make anything out of wood, seriously; he has made several beds, coffee tables, end tables, our entertainment center, and his current big project is our computer desk (it will get started eventually, right, hunny?)
11. He strips at the door if he is really dirty. Now, I have gotten better at what I consider to be "strip worthy", like if he has been hunting all day and has blood and yucky stuff on him-its strip worthy. And he does this because he respects me and how I like a clean house. Not a lot of guys would do that for his girl, but my "B" does!!!
12. The boys said they love Dad because he is the leader of our family. . .and a wonderful leader he is!!
13. He snowmoblies with me. . . even though I am slower than everyone else, he'll still take me!
14. He will let me cuddle him while we watch T.V. And he isn't really the cuddling type, but he never complains a bit.
15. He makes cute boys, well, together we make cute boys. We just don't have it in us to make girls, but if we did, they would be cute too!
16. He is a good listener. One of the many reasons I married him. I think that trait came from having 5 sisters.
17. Did I mention he is a good cook, and MY ULTIMATE FAV that he makes is Oreo truffles-WOW, they are good!
18. He is trustworthy. You can trust him with anything and he will take care of it!
19. He is brave. . . he has to be to kill all the spiders in our house, a trait he is passing onto his young son, Joshua!
20. He is PATIENT. I don't know where he gets his patience, but it is a blessing to our home.
21. He hand picked me another wedding ring when I lost mine last year. Something he didn't have to do, but he did because he loves me!
22. He sings off key. I love this about him because the first time he sang to me we where dancing, and when I hear him sing, it still makes me want to dance.
23. He cares for people. Not just the people he knows, but everyone.
24. He does laundry. He will even fold the whites, which I hate, for me.
25. He has a firm testimony of the church. He never questions, he just knows it is true.
26. He speaks Danish. When we were dating, he would sign all of his notes to me Jig elskre dig-I love you. And now, just to throw me off, he sometimes says our nighttime prayers in Danish.
27. He is just fun to be around. You will always have a good time with Brian!!!
28. He is a good teacher. I think this goes hand in hand with his patience. He has taught me to do a lot of things without ever raising his voice.
29. He is a good kisser-I know TMI. . . . moving on.
30. He is a good provider. We have always had sufficient for our needs and for some of our wants, too!
31. He lets me buy Wall Flowers (they are from Bath and Body Works and makes the house smell nice!) even though he thinks they are unneccessary!
32. He has a great sense of humor. . . in fact, he cracks himself up most of the time.
33. He likes to fix stuff. If you let him try, he can fix just about anything-cars, boats, lawn mowers, four-wheelers, seriously, anything.
34. He always does what is right. I have never, ever seen or heard of him doing something that wasn't what he was supposed to do in his ENTIRE life.
35. He is mine. Now, I know that may sound selfish, but I love that he is mine. He is my best friend and I couldn't make it through life without him.

Happy Birthday Sweetie! You are the greatest!

3 comments:

Team Bryan said...

Okay!! That was cute!! It is hard to believe it is about Brian, though!! Ahhh, Jan, you picked up on the technique quite nicely!! Make those boys feel good, and we get spoiled more!! Love ya!!

Billie Jo said...

Ok between you and Tari I have had to reconsider how well I really know your husbands. You are seriously getting old Brian. I hope my age is never exposed like that. I certainly wish you a super awesome birthday and when you turn 36 I would encourage Jan to add to the list that you have phenomenal taste in sunglasses. That is one of your signature calling cards for me, B and his glasses!

Angela said...

This was great, he is a wonderful brother also.