Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat?

Well let's start with the tricks. . . .the first trick happened to Brian. He got up at 5 A.M. on Thursday morning to go deer hunting (which was the second to the last day of the hunt). He got 1/2 mile from our house when the truck lost power. He came home went back to bed and waited until morning to get it fixed--needless to say, a couple hundred bucks-no pun intended-later, the truck was fixed. And around 3:00 P.M., Brian heads up to the hill, by himself, to find that monster buck. . . .


Now, on to the treats. Well, Brian did get that monster buck, and I know you are all dying to get a look at him. Wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .HERE HE IS-






Now, I know what ya'll are thinkin', but he really is bigger than his antler-- now, what a minute. . . . . hmmmmm, oh, yep, there are two there, aren't there. Sorry, my mistake. You just have to look REALLY close. Anyway, he is bigger than his ANTLERS portray him to be. And I have to admit, he is bigger than my deer (since I didn't get one). And I think those antlers will be good for displaying ONE hat. Or, they will be a really good set of toothpicks. Yes, I have always wanted bone toothpicks!!!


Since Brian shot him at dark on Thursday night and he was by himself, he left that bad boy up in the hills so we went and got him out today. While we were gone, Tina watched our kids and they got to make cookies, what a treat for them. Well Josh and Mike made cookies..... Luke looked out the window.



And then, the most wonderful treat of all, we got to go to a fabulous Halloween Party at our friends house. We then went trick or treating in their neighborhood and filled our buckets with lots of good stuff!! Luke was the cutest frog ever, Mikey was, you guessed it , Spiderman (yep, he has worn that costume for 3 years in a row), and Josh was a skeleton.
We had such a great Halloween and we hope yours was full of tricks and treats too!!!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys should have called me to help you get that buck. I could have brought my friend's draft horses and drug that monster out. It would have been easier than quartering him and making several trips. Yep, those horses could have easily carried all 45 lbs. of raw meat out of there. Of course, I guess you didn't quarter him since he there was only one quarter to the bohemeth.

The Hammers said...

I must admit that I'm jealous. Brad has got, you guessed it, NOTHING yet this year. We're running out of time too, and my freezer is EMPTY! Oh well, good job on that Monster.

Tina said...

Hey what's up with the editing job?

Billie Jo said...

You guys know how to have some fun. I will just say it is about as opposite as my little world. The girls are seriously counting down the days until Thanksgiving! The froggy is SOOOO adorable!

tracey said...

Hey Jan, long time, no.... see!!?? I found you through Jessica's blog! How cool. Your boys are so big and it looks like you had a great Halloween. How's Idaho treating you. I was SO bummed about the Sox too:-( Especially after that HUGE comeback. Come check out my blog bryanadventures.blogspot.com and you can see what we've been up to.
Hope you mind if I blog stalk now and then ;-)

Angela said...

Yeah for the deer he finally got something this year.