Monday, October 13, 2008

I Am A Champion

When Brian and I went on our Honeymoon (to Catalina and Ensenada), we bought a beautiful marble chess set. It was our dream at the time to have it set up somewhere so we could play whenever we wanted. Well, that dream was finally fulfilled when we moved into our home in Kuna. So, for the past 2 years, we have played, what I like to call, a continual chess game. There is always a game in play and it usually takes a month to complete a game (some have taken a matter of days, others have taken 2 months). And here is the kicker. . . I HAD NEVER WON A GAME. . .in TWO years, over 50 games played, had NEVER won. But, the glorious day finally came last Friday when I won my first game. Now, I know it is only one game in fifty plus, but a triumph none the less!!!!

Here is the winning move (the note is how we communicate because we are not always around when the other person makes a move)!!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

YEA Jan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela said...

I think it is Great that you won a game, in the games I have played with Alan I don't think I have won one yet so way to go.

Katie said...

May there be many notes like this one hanging over your chess board in the future... :)