Monday, April 19, 2010

I Did It!!!

Here are some pictures of the course. . . they put up
"inspiring" signs like this all over!









After 8 weeks of training, I did my first 1/2 marathon. It is called Robie Creek, and is the hardest 1/2 in the Northwest. You have to run the first 8 miles up a mountain and then go down the back side the last 5. It was tough, but I got it done in 2 hours and 48 minutes. I was a good experience, except it does mess with your self-esteem a little when 60-70 year old guys can beat your time, but hey, there is always next year!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Your Awsome!!!!! Can I be you when I grow up??

Team Bryan said...

Oooooo....BARRACUDA!!

Holly said...

Good job Jan!! I think that is so awsome!! I'm proud of you!!

Gabrielle said...

Who Cares about the 60 year old guy . . . when I was watching the news he's ran it for the last 30 years! He's got 29 years on ya!

You are AMAZING!

Gabrielle

LoraAnn said...

You ROCK!! I can't believe your first 1/2 marathon was on Robie, talk about setting the bar high! I can't believe you only trained for 8 weeks- AMAZING! Your time was amazing too- CONGRATS!! Maybe you can talk me in to doing it with you next year; there will have to be a lot of talking. We need to do lunch!! Love ya!

Mary said...

You ARE awesome!

tracey said...

Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!