Monday, March 28, 2011

Hey. . . Look What We Can Do!

So, Tina and I went shopping last week. We decided to hit the D.I. to see if there was any furniture we could redo for Tina's house, and we saw this:



Now, most people would look at that and think to themselves. . . "It is an old, ugly, and VERY dirty chair. Who would ever want that? Anyone who would want that chair would have to be crazy!!!" Enter Tina and I into scene. Because we thought, "That chair has potential!" So we took the chair home. And after hours of staple pulling and fabric pulling and hair pulling, we had stripped the chair bare.



Then came the fabric selection process. I must say Tina is really great when it comes to making decisions. . . nope, nope, that's a lie. She stinks at it. But she finally picked out something that she liked, or at least, she hoped she would like, eventually. And, then, it came to the FUN part, putting the chair back together. With power tools in hand, Tina and I set out to finish this project.



All in all, it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. And now we know we can do it. . . . so now, Tina wants to redo her couches. Deep breath.



4 comments:

Angela said...

You two did a Wonderful Job making that chair look Good

Mary said...

You're hired!

Billie Jo said...

Wow, when will you be here? I have a few things in mind for you to work on!

Whit said...

I have a chair in my living room that your name on it... come on over!