Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ahhhh.. . . Josh is Ten!


I have a book called "So You Want to Raise a Boy". It has been a very valuable piece of literature for me in raising our sons. It has chapters on EVERY year of a boy's life and tells you what to expect as a parent.

The chapter on ten year olds is entitled "The Golden Age of Ten". All I have to say is . . . I hope that's true!!! Josh is a very energetic, but fun kid. He loves, loves, LOVES to tease anyone and everyone, which he gets from his dad! He does have a bit of a competitive streak. . . I have no idea where he got that from!!!


Josh loves school and he excels in most of the subjects, especially math, but his very favorite subject is social studies/science. Josh likes to be inside playing the computer, or building anything with everything he can find!

(I gave Josh a shirt that has this on it, and when he opened it he said, "That is sooo me". It drives his VERY outdoor parents crazy sometimes!)

Josh has come into the oldest role very well. He is starting to be more responsible and be more helpful, which is fantastic for me! He is a rule follower (except for the rules he doesn't like) and he likes to make sure everyone else follows the rules too (maybe he'll be a politician someday. . . lets hope not!).

Joshua, Happy Birthday to our Wonderful Son! We love you so much!

0 comments: