Monday, May 16, 2011

yes.




When you get married in the temple, you don't say I will, or I promise, or even I do. You simply say. . . . yes.

Fourteen years ago, I said yes. I said yes to a boy I thought I knew EVERYTHING about and who I thought I loved. He was a wonderful, kind and generous guy. We were ready to begin our lives together. Nothing could get in the way of our happiness.

Fourteen years later, Brian is still just as wonderful, just as kind, and just as generous as he was. But, some things have definitely changed. I now absolutely know, without question, what kind of man he is. He is AMAZING. I now absolutely know that I love him beyond ANYTHING words can describe.


This knowledge has come through laughter brought on by nutty jokes and incessant teasing from Brian's hands. Also, from the many "discussions" we have had throughout our marriage, which helped us understand each other better. I can't say we never went to bed angry, but we always resolved our disagreements quickly. And, of course, through the tears we have shed together, through our trials, we have learned how to depend on each other.

To my wonderful husband, my eternal companion, my best friend,

Happy 14th Anniversary! I love you so much! Thank you for making the last fourteen years worth it!




1 comments:

Amber said...

your hair in that first picture is awesome. let's do that again :)