Tuesday, October 2, 2012

And So It Begins.....

"And so it begins....." 

This is what Brian texted me last night when I told him I wanted it to be January.

I always get excited to get out my Halloween decorations, and I always forget that by the end of putting them up, I am sad. 

They are a reminder of the last month we spent with our son.  What would you do or say, or how would you act differently if you knew you only had 4 more weeks with someone you love?  3 years ago, I only had 4 more weeks with my Luke.  4 weeks to love on him, kiss on him, hold him, put him to bed, bath him, play with him.....just 4 more weeks, and then it would be over.

I am trying to remember those last few weeks with him.  I wish I would have known that those last few weeks of memories would have to last a lifetime.  I would have written more down, recorded him more so I wouldn't forget.

I asked Brian last night what his memories are that he goes to when he thinks of him, and I love that they aren't the same as mine.  He reminded me of just how big a personality Luke had. 

Wow, I miss that kid!

1 comments:

Tina said...

My favorite memory is seeing him hide behind the curtains laughing because he was sure no one could see him :) then he would run out laughing