Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Mighty Hunters



On Monday, Brian and I had the opportunity (because Brian won a half price hunting trip) to go pheasant hunting.

Ya know, I have been hunting with Brian for many years. We go elk hunting, deer hunting, moose hunting (hopefully this year), but I think that bird hunting is my favorite. It's the excitement of not knowing when you are going to have a bird fly up in front of you that makes it so fun. And it is so much fun to watch Lily work. This was the first time we have taken Lily out to hunt and she did really well. She pointed the birds and covered the area well (which was tough to do since it was over a 100 acres).

We ended up with 5 birds, 2 roosters and 3 hens. We saw 7 but missed two. The only part I hate about hunting, is the clean up. It is a mess and you all know how I feel about messes. But the fun of it all and being able to be with my hubby makes it worth it!!!

0 comments: