Thursday, November 26, 2009

Being Thankful

Today is a hard day. . . . it is hard not to think about what this day was supposed to be like. . . the boys eating turkey and potatoes and watching Luke eat olives off his fingers, just enjoying being together as a family. And now. . . .well, its different. But, I do still have some things to be thankful for:
-My boys that I have here. . . Brian, Josh and Mike who help me to laugh.
-Brian's wonderful work, they have helped us so much!
-Our families, who care about us so much!
-The knowledge we have of the gospel.

I know this list is short, but I hope to continue to work on it. Someday, I hope that I will be able to know why we had to do this and just maybe, I will be thankful for this trial, but that is not today.

5 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Jan - I am thankful to know and love you. You are amazing and as much as it breaks my heart, you need to know that you strengthen me. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Team Bryan said...

It is a hard thing to be thankful for our trials, especially when trials can be so painful and hard to understand. I hope one day we can be granted the eyes to see the way our Father in Heaven does. Until then, we can be grateful for knowing Luke in this life and all the sweetness we felt in our lives here on earth because of him. We will feel that sweetness again, and I am thankful for that, too. I love you so much!! Tari

Tina said...

I am thankful for you and your family and I am thankful that you shared Thanksgiving with us.
Love ya

Billie Jo said...

My life is better just because I know you and I love you and Brian. I wish I was as strong as the both of you. It may not seem like it now but you inspire people all around you. I am thankful for you!

Keriann said...

Hey Jan and Brian,
Our family has done a fun thing in behalf of Luke. The Festival of Trees in Salt Lake is this weekend Dec. 2nd-5th. We entered a Gingerbread House in the Gingerbread Village. We dedicated it to him. The auction is tomorrow Dec. 1st and proceeds go to kids at Primary Childrens. If you have family around that want to see it let them know. We made SANTA'S TOY SHOP MAKES ELMO. It turned out so beautiful. I didn't want to tell before now because I wasn't sure if it would turn out, since I had never made a large gingerbread before. I have pictures I still need to download. We are going to deliver it now. much love,
Justin and Keriann and boys