Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Luke's Birthday















The entire day yesterday, I reminisced about Luke's life; how he came into the world and how he loved life. I would like to share, for this, what would have been his 2nd birthday, those memories.

I had to convince Brian to have another baby and he finally consented when he felt like our family wasn't complete. We began trying and got pregnant right away, actually the day of ( I know, TMI!!!). Nine months later, our family was finally complete with the birth of Luke. He was 6lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 inches long. He grew quickly and I remember often telling him to STOP growing. I knew he was our baby and so I relished in every moment with him, every 2 AM feeding, every sick moment, every milestone passed. Everything was such a joy. He was walking at 11 months and after that he quickly went to running after his brothers. My favorite memories of him were of us cuddling on the couch together. . . .I would lay on my back and he would get his blue blanket, and I would lay it on my chest, the silky part up so he could stroke it with his index finger while he sucked his thumb. I really miss that! He loved to crawl up on a chair and launch himself over the couch. He would laugh and do it over and over again. He was determined, happy, and just wonderful. I have felt recently that I was in the presence of greatness when he was here. What a great spirit he must have had to be able to have fulfilled his mission on earth in 23 months.
On his birthday we went to Idaho Falls and took balloons to his grave. Some of our friends and family were there to give of their greatly needed support. We drove home to find our kitchen table FILLED with cookies and cards from our ward family remembering Luke. We feel so loved and I am so grateful to all of you. We also did a cake for Luke. . . it was so hard to blow out those candles for him. I am grateful to know that someday I WILL be able to see him grow up. . . to see the man he is.
Happy Birthday, our Luker boy!






4 comments:

Angela said...

I am glad that he was able to come to your loving family for the little time he was here. We enjoyed him and loved hearing what he had done new that week.

Billie Jo said...

Jan, You are the strongest mother I know. Even though we always tease you about the things you do, I would give anything to be a mother like you. I am not sure how you get over this or if you ever do but you are the only person who could put together a tribute like that. You and Brian needs to remember that while Luke was such a valiant son to only need 23 months here on earth for his mission; you both are diligent servants of the Lord to bring such a spirit here to earth to fulfill that mission. I love you all. You inspire me!

Team Bryan said...

No doubt we are so very blessed to have him in our ETERNAL FAMILY!! We will see him again and he will blow out candles and open presents just as you imagine. I know he was there with you, and is always with you!! Families are FOREVER!! He is not gone, but is about OUR FATHER'S business. Love you!!

Marci said...

Hi, I don't know if you remember me. I am Kaylee's friend, Marci that spent the night at your house after the David Archuleta concert. Although I only met him once, he was such a sweetheart. About 7 years ago, my mom had a stillborn baby that I never got to meet. I can't help but think that they're buddies up in heaven. They're probably some kid's guardian angel. Thanks for reading, even though you don't know me well.

-Marci