Monday, October 25, 2010

Just Keep Swimming





Today is one of those days where, I, like Dory, must just keep swimming. To say the least, life is difficult right now and wanting to do anything is hard. But, Josh came up with a great idea. He decided that we should carve pumpkins for Luke and go put them by his tree, our new tradition. So, tonight for FHE, that is what we did. Brian and I were doing well keeping our heads just above water. . . helping the boys carve their pumpkins. But. . . when we got to Luke's tree. . . we could no longer hold our heads above the water. Floods of emotions came. . . drowning us.

But, that is what we will bear, those precious painful memories, because we love him. And we will kick, with all our might, to reach the surface again. . . to endure, because we love him.


Because, this is the face that I want to see for eternity. . . .


4 comments:

Tina said...

Ah you made me ink!!! (my mascara is running down my cheeks now)

Gramsie Gail said...

How precious you have that picture - that is how I remember Luke. : )

Anonymous said...

We love you Taylor family!
S & J

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog. Your family is so beautiful. Do you have a headstone for Luke yet?