Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Impossible

What is the HARDEST thing you have ever had to do?

One year ago today, the IMPOSSIBLE happened to me, to Brian, to my family. One year. . . 365 days; 8760 hours; 525,600 minutes; 31,536,000 seconds; 36,792,000 broken heart beats.

I replay the day in my mind, trying to make sense of it. I remember asking the paramedic driving the ambulance "Do these ever turn out okay?" I will never forget his answer, or the look on his face. . . "no, I'm sorry". But that's impossible. He was just learning to talk and he just learned to crawl out of his crib. He is a great fisherman, and loves to tease his brothers. He watches Elmo everyday, and helps me do dishes. He loves to be cuddled, and suck his thumb, and hold his blanket. He makes us laugh and love and be better.

It is impossible that he is no longer here. . . .





Luke,

We will MISS you for a TIME, and CHERISH you for ETERNITY.

We love you son, brother, and angel!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you guys so much. We, along with countless others, are thinking of you and praying for you. Stephanie

Amber said...

what a touching slideshow. and what an amazingly sweet boy. love you jan!

Billie Jo said...

There couldn't be a greater love than that of an eternal famiy. Realizing what you have to look forward to makes each day here a step closer to that eternal happiness and progression. We love and support you all from a far. Just know that we think and pray for you all daily. It has given us more reason and devotion to speaking with our Heavenly Father and developing our relationship with him. Thanks for the blessings that you are in our life.

Holly said...

That was a very touching slideshow. You are an amazing family and you are very loved.

Whit said...

Sending love and prayers your way

Michelle said...

What a touching tribute to your son. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always. Love you!

Marina said...

:( such a sad post and slideshow.. i don't know you, but i am sending you lots of hugs.. *hugs*

rodlynne said...

Jan, Brian, & boys
I hope you know that you are thought of and loved every moment. It makes me sad that your little one is gone and you have to live without him. My heart goes out to your family every time I go to your blog. Know that Jeremy and I think of you alot and if there is anything we can do to help let us know.
Love always,
Janice,Jeremy,&kids