Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thoughts From Dr. Seuss

So, lately, I have had a few dark days. My sister, today, had a very hard day. I have friends, that I love and admire, that have some pretty hard stuff to contend with. And so tonight I am reading books to my niece who is 8 months older than Luke, and I think to myself, "Wow, I haven't had to read children's books for 16 months." I hate it when reality smacks you upside the head and says, "Remember me. . . you lost something BIG in your life. . . . you really aren't as okay as you think you are!" But the last book she brought me to read to her was from Dr. Seuss titled "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?". I want to write you something that struck me:

When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad. . .
you should do what I do!

Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more. . .
oh, ever so much more. . .
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!
Like Grandpa used to say, things are just the way you think they are. . . .THANKS for the reminder Dr. Seuss!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I LOVE Dr. Suess he is a very smart man

Mary said...

I love Dr. Suess too! (my sister's stake is doing a Dr. Suess themed girls camp)

Corine Moore said...

The grass always looks greener on the other side of the pasture... but I am convinced that God plants wh where we can be the happiest.