Tuesday, February 8, 2011

McCall or Bust

We had the opportunity this last weekend to go to McCall for a little R & R or should I say S & E (snowmobiling and eating!). It was so much fun. The trails in McCall are amazing. And, it was the ice festival in McCall, so, we got to see a lot of amazing ice sculptures! Thanks to the Elsasser's for a great weekend (I think my eyes have finally recovered from being accosted by the pink suit)!!! Here are some pics of the highlights:



The Pink Suit!!! All I can say is WOW!








It amazes me that even though it was fun and wonderful, that going on a family vacation brings on pain. It shouldn't. But. . . . it does. I have moments when I am sitting there. . . looking at my kids playing. . . .and I remember back to a time, not so long ago, when he was here. I think, Luke should be here enjoying this time with us. I wonder about what he is thinking or doing.


We took Luke on his first snowmobile trip when he was 6 weeks old. He loved the snow. He would have loved to go snowmobiling this year and sledding.






So many memories missed.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Looks like fun! I couldn't tell by Jan's face if she is stuck to the ice cranny or having a great movement, or both! I'm glad you guys could get away and make some good memories. Now, let's get rid of the snow and go boating!

Whit said...

I knew it was pink, I just didn't realize how pink! We love you, and had so much fun.