Friday, April 13, 2012

Handy Husband

Brian has ALWAYS disliked our mantle.



I thought it looked just fine, but he wanted one that wrapped around the fireplace, so..........he decided to build one! It only took him 3 days to build!! Take a good look at that mess--see you all thought my house was never a mess. It drove me crazy, but I kept my cool for my wonderful, hard working husband.




Here it is, finished and ready to be painted. That became my job. . . .



And, it turned out beautifully! Just don't look too close to the paint job. I am no professional and I wish I would have hired someone to paint it (not that Brian would have let me). Don't you think I have a handy husband?

6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow!! He IS handy. Looks great! (although the before looked great too)...

LoraAnn said...

LOVE it!! He did a great job and your painting was excellent too. Beautiful!

Gramsie Gail said...

Nice - You both did good!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm sure the paint job was fantastic too. :) You are a professional.

After all, I've seen your work --- in my son's room!

Love, Gabrielle

Billie Jo said...

Um hello- is there a road trip possible for that guy! Impressive and the paint job looks wonderful.

Angela said...

I Love it both of you did a Wonderful job.