Sunday, December 6, 2009

The "Who Would You Be?" Tree

Today was tough, like all Sundays have been. But it turned out to be pretty good. . . at around 5:30 there was a knock on our door. It was my friend Gail Jenkins and her husband Kjell. They had bought us a Christmas Tree. You see, Gail has wanted to go to Salt Lake City, to the Festival of Trees, to buy herself a tree. So this year, her children pulled their money together and gave it to their Mom and said go get your tree. So what did she do, she bought me a tree instead(I know, bring out the kleenex).

So here is the story of my tree:

A family decorated this tree in honor of their 3 sons who had died, two as babies from a lung problems and one that was murdered when he was 20. She wrote a poem entitled, "Who Would You Be?". The end of the poem says:

Your chance was not taken?
Nor, was it stolen away.
You have fulfilled God's plan,
And you can't stay

I'll try not to cry anymore.
I know where your suppose to be.
It's just sometimes I wonder,
Who would you be?


On the tree are different boys dressed up like a doctor, or fireman, or sports person, or a policeman. It is such a beautiful gift! THANK YOU Jenkins family! We love it!





4 comments:

Team Bryan said...

We already know who he is: an angel, and always will be!! Love you so much!!

Billie Jo said...

Man it just keeps getting better. Everytime I read the blog I have such a warm and wonderful feeling. It brings my life into perspective. Guess you better update EVERY day now so I can keep my life on track. Hope you are having a wonderful day. We just got a huge storm and it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Whit said...

Love your blog! Love the tree! Love you!

tracey said...

Amazing. I hope you don't mind, but I shared this wonderful example of a circle of love to my young womens class. What a wonderful example.